In November 2003, our church, along with Westside Baptist in Gainesville, FL, took our first trip to Peru. Since then, we have partnered together to reach one segment of indigenous Peruvians—the Ayacucho Quechuas. Our assigned groups live in the Paucar del Sara Sara region of the Department of Ayacucho. We are focusing on a small section of this group in Southern Peru, about 8,000-10,000 people, and working toward starting reproducing house churches among this remote people. These house churches will make up what missionaries call a "Church Planting Movement". Our goal is to start a church in each of our towns and then leave them to finish the task of sharing the gospel in their region. While we hoped to finish our efforts in Peru by the end of 2008, we have pushed our exit from the region back a couple of years.. Please join us in praying for our teams and this region.
The Final Surge
In 2013, our church will have been going to Paucar del Sara Sara for 10 years! The gospel surely has been scattered like seeds in each of the villages we have visited. We want to see some significant changes in the spiritual landscape by the end of 2013. To see that happen, we need:
- Prayer Partners who will lift up our region and key leaders regularly. What we seek (churches established where there were none) is something only God can do. We need to pray for the gospel to take root and grow the way it always does - supernaturally!
- Go-ers - Can you go on one of our scheduled trips? maybe go for a month? 6 months?
- Send-ers - Would you help willing missionaries go for an extended period?
- New Partners - We are seeking to partner with like-minded churches to send team and/or adopt a village or group of villages. Would you consider partnering with us?
Check out our Exit Strategy Brochure
Praying for the Work in Peru
- Pray for the believers in our region of Peru to Hunger and Thirst after God. We want them to desire to grow spiritually. We want them to be stirred to read their Bibles and pray.
- Pray for godly leaders to emerge from the many who have heard and responded to the gospel. We want to see people who are willing to lead, to gather people, who are comfortable in having a group get together at their home or store.
- Pray for protection of the "baby beleivers" that they not be led astray or cave into pressure form others in their village.
Key People to Lift up in Prayer:
Pastor Antonio (Marcabamba and surrounding areas) - This is a traveling pastor with a passion for this region. Pray that he accelerates his plans to move to Marcabamba, and that he will be able to produce more leaders. That he will strengthen the work in Colta, Huataca, Soecca, and others.
Julio (Corculla) - He received a Proclaimer in Oct '10. Pray that he gathers his family and friends to listen to it.
Gilbert (San Jose de Ushua) - Gilbert accepted Christ back in 2007. his wife accepted Christ in 2010. Pray that he uses his influence in the town to organize a group. Baptized but having doubts and caving to pressure from others in town.
Oscar & Celia (Marcabamba)
Dr, Julian (Oyolo)
Teresa Villa (Oyolo)
General Prayer Needs for Teams
•Pray each team members Spiritual Preparation. With all the details of preparing to get away, raising funds, and more, it is easy to neglect this critical area. Pray that team members prayer lives would be vibrant. Pray that they would be sensitive to the move of the spirit during the trip, but also as they prepare.
•Pray for each team members Physical Preparation. While the travel has gotten better, it is still rough on a body. Physically we need to get our shots, excercise some, and rest as well in preparation for the trip. We want to maximize every moment of ministry time. That means early days and late nights. Pray that each member will do those things that help them arrive in Peru with a "full tank" of energy.
•Pray for Financial Needs to be met. While some are able to pay their way to Peru outright, others commit to go trusting God to provide. Some will not be able to see how God is going to bring in the final amounts of money - but He will. For some of our team, they will see the hand of God in action before they leave the parking lot. Join these who are seeking God's provision with your faith-filled prayers as well.